Science Content Standards: K-8
- Content Standard A: As a result of activities in grades K-4, all students should develop:
- Abilities necessary to do scientific inquiry
- Understanding about scientific inquiry
- Content standard C: As a result of activities in grades K-4, all students should develop understanding of
- The characteristics of organisms
- Life cycles of organisms
- Organisms and environments
Curriculum Standards for K-4
- Standard 11: Statistics and Probability
- collect, organize, and describe data
- construct, read, and interpret displays of data
- formulate and solve problems that involve collecting and analyzing data
- explore concepts of chance
5.1 Science Practices: All students will understand that science is both a body of knowledge and an evidence-based, model-building enterprise that continually extends, refines, and revises knowledge. The four Science Practices strands encompass the knowledge and reasoning skills that students must acquire to be proficient in science.
5.3 Life Science: All students will understand that life science principles are powerful conceptual tools for making sense of the complexity, diversity, and interconnectedness of life on Earth. Order in natural systems arises in accordance with rules that govern the physical world, and the order of natural systems can be modeled and predicted through the use of mathematics.