|What are the sources of Air Pollutants?
--> Where are the sources of air pollution?
PART 1: Types of Air Pollutants
Review the information in the Major Air Pollutants (.pdf) table and the
EPA's Six Common Air Pollutants
web site to answer the questions in Part I of your
- List three types of power plants and three types of factories.
- List three types of road vehicles.
- List three types of off-road vehicles.
- List three types of miscellaneous sources.
- Do you think any of these sources cause problems with your local air
PART 2: Pollution Sources
- Select your state from the
view the corresponding air pollution data (NOTE: it may take a moment
to load the first time you click).
- Click through the site and look up the amount of various pollutants in
your state to complete the table and answer the questions on
Student Worksheet (move your mouse
over the colored column to view the corresponding percentage).
As a class or individually, answer the questions on the Student Worksheet.