Lesson Plan 6: Home Lighting System Production
Students will be able to:
All schools will have the opportunity to produce the final home lighting system. Schools should have materials and equipment already in place so that they can begin production immediately.
- Share feedback and reflections on project experience.
Materials and Resources
New Jersey Core Curriculum Standards
- Standard 5.4: Nature and Process of Technology
- Standard 8.2: Technological Literacy
ITEA Standards for Technological Literacy
- Standards: 11, 12, 13, 17
National Science Content Standards
- Unifying Concepts and Processes in Science
- Science as Inquiry
- Physical Science
- Life Science
- Science and Technology
- Manufacture the final design as described in the final design plans and demonstrated by the working prototype.
- Finalize public relations literature for users and stakeholders that includes:
- Press packet
- Packaging Materials
- Picture of final product
- Submit a final posting to Collaboration Central that describes the successes and/or challenges students had in producing the final home lighting system. Provide suggestions for re-design.
Students should complete and submit a final presentation binder or portfolio of work. See sample student documentation powerpoint.
Sample Assessment Rubric
Suggestions for Follow-up Activities
- Design and create a model of an led based traffic light system.
- Design and create a model of a self sustaining solar powered village.