Letter of Introduction
Each school will submit a Letter of Introduction to the project. We would appreciate your limiting letters to one per school. If possible, have different classes combine their letters. If this is inconvenient, please make sure each class distinguishes itself in the subject area.
- the name and location of the school
- your latitude and longitude (so other students can pin-point locations on a map)
- some information about your school and community
- any other information that you would like to share
- Your hypothesis would be particularly good to share!
Letters can be any length. Some teachers have their classes collectively write the letter, while others assign the task to a few students, or have each student draft a letter, and select the best one. Feel free to look at examples of previous letters.
Letters of Introduction should be submitted to the project Discussion Area. In the subject line, please write "Letter of Introduction from Your School" (example: Letter of Introduction from Kennedy Middle School).