Components of a Web Page
- Multimedia content (sound, movies, animation)
Web Page Development
- Components are assembled into a web page using the Hyper Text Markup Language or HTML.
- HTML Codes are used to position text, pictures and other content on the web page.
- All of the codes for a particular web page are then saved as a single file, called an HTML file, much like saving a word processing file once you have typed in the text.
- Your web browser "reads" the codes in the HTML file and uses them to figure out how to display the web page on your screen.
Methods for Creating Web Pages or HTML Files
- Straight Coding - You can create a web page using the HTML Codes themselves by simply typing them up manually using any standard text editor.
- Authoring Software (HTML Editors) - This is software, such as FrontPage or Netscape Composer, that allows you to create a web page without using the HTML Codes themselves. As with a word processor, you simply type in your text, format it, and the software automatically inserts the appropriate HTML Codes so that web browsers will display your web page as you designed it.
- Web-based Development Tools - This is the newest method for developing basic web pages. Instead of using software, you use a web-based tool or template to create your web page.