Internet Knowledge Exploration
A listserv is a type of automated mailing list for people who share a common interest in a designated subject. Subjects could include education, computers in education, Internet training, etc. There are thousands of listserv topics.
The IKE listserv is sponsored by CIESE, the Center for Improved Engineering and Science Education at Stevens Institute of Technology. This listserv is primarily for participants and administrators associated with the IKE (Internet Knowledge Exploration) Project. This listserv will be used to promote interaction among IKE participants and staff members, to share information about useful Internet resources, and to support teaching and mentoring activities associated with the project. Important project updates will also be posted on this listserv.
2. Deactivate your automatic signature file if you have one (if you didn't set one up initially, then you don't have one.)
3. Address the message to: email@example.com (Note: The symbol between the words "stevens" and "tech" is a DASH "-")
4. Leave the subject line empty.
5. On the first line of the message body, write only the words shown below. Nothing else may be written on the message page.
subscribe ike your name
6. Send the message and in a few minutes you will receive
a welcome message which will include the directions for how to unsubscribe
at a later date. Make sure to keep this message for future reference.
You should be aware of a "Netiquette" issue concerning
replying to postings on listervs. From time to time you will see
a message posted to the listserv to which you want
to reply. If you simply use your "reply" function in your email system,
you will be replying back to the ENTIRE listserv and
not just back to the person who originally posted the first message.
Thus your comments will be distributed to the entire
membership of the listserv. This can result in a large amount of
unwanted messages being posted to the listserv and
may result in you posting comments which were not intended for the entire
listserv. Try to avoid this mistake.
2. Deactivate your automatic signature file if you have one.
3. Leave the subject line empty.
4. On the first line of the message body write only the words shown below. Nothing else may be written on the message page.
5. Send your message and you will receive confirmation
that you are unsubscribed.
Copyright ©1998 Stevens Institute of Technology, Center for Improved Engineering and Science Education, All Rights Reserved