This lesson fits into the Maricopa Community College District's PHY 111 course. For the complete official course description, course competencies and topics, go to: http://www.dist.maricopa.edu/curriculum/M-Z/026phy111.html
This RWLO addresses portions of competencies 1, 2 and 3 and is contained within topic 1:
PHY 111 Competencies
- Effectively communicate qualitative and quantitative information orally and in writing.
- Explain the application of fundamental physical principles to various physical phenomena.
- Apply appropriate problem-solving techniques to practical and meaningful problems using graphical, mathematical, and written modeling tools.
- Work effectively in collaborative groups.
PHY 111 Outline
The Arizona Education Department is currently undergoing a review of the state-wide science standards. You can access the standards here: http://www.ade.state.az.us/standards/science/survey/sciencestandard.asp
- Linear Motion
- Non-linear Motion
- Forces and Momentum
- Work, Energy Storage and Transfer Properties of Matter
National Science Education Standards (1995) Center for Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Education http://www.nap.edu/books/0309053269/html/index.html