Time: 3 hours
Class sets of these documents:
Prerequisites: Students should be able to read and write
Implementation: This RWLO is intended for the
beginning of a semester. It should be introduced in the
classroom and students complete the email and planning
activities outside of the classroom. Students then meet in
the classroom again to discuss the email interview experience,
edit and revise their paragraphs, and submit them to the
- Discuss with students the value in working with peers.
Hand out the list of names and email addresses of students
and explain that students will write emails to three
classmates. If students do not have email accounts,
explain how to create an email account at
- Hand out the
Know Yourself before Meeting Others
document, Discuss with students how to prepare before
writing and responding to emails from their classmates.
- Hand out these documents and discuss with students,
answering any questions:
- Allow students time in the classroom to
establish partners for interviewing each other. The
students should exchange email addresses with three
- After they leave the classroom, students will conduct
interviews through email.
- Students will view the slideshow
Writing Focused Paragraphs using an internet browser.
- Students will organize the information gained through
emails. Students will plan and write three paragraphs about
- At the next class meeting, discuss with students the
email interviewing experience. Students will edit and
revise their paragraphs and submit them to the instructor.
- Students will create a blog at
publish their paragraphs.