Student Learning Objectives
For this RWLO, the student will be able to:
- Use instrumentation including pH meters, dissolved oxygen probes, and turbidity meters to analyze water samples
- Measure temperature, pH, turbidity, dissolved oxygen content of water samples
- Assess the quality of a water sample on the basis of specific criteria including pH, temperature, turbidity, and concentrations of dissolved substances.
- Compare the quality of water samples from the same source over time and between different sources
- Summarize community water quality reports over 3-5 years and determine if their water supply is safe or needs remediation.
- Propose sources of pollutants and other dissolved substances in water supplies
- Investigate methods to clean up polluted water supplies
- Analyze strategies to prevent pollution in water supplies