Time: Two class hours to
review primary resource materials and introduce the resources to
be used to complete the assignment.
Access to the Internet, Google Earth software - free version
http://earth.google.com/), e-mail account for students that
are taking a web-base course
Implementation: This RWLO can be used either in the
classroom based course or as a module in the web-based course.
Steps for the instructor:
- Introduce students to primary resources by using
following websites for instruction:
- Go to the British Library Website
access Shakespeare's Quartos and engravings with London's
cityscapes and etchings of the theatre.
- Go to "Background" to point out the information about
- Show "Playhouses" section and make note of the images
from the etchings and engravings
- Show how to access
Quartos in "Texts". Explain what quartos are.
- Use the following websites to provide more information about the
Globe. Show additional images of the Globe Theatre. Give
students time to explore the sites.
- Go to the Google Earth website
and show how to download a free version of the software. Once the software is
downloaded, go to London, England and then search for Bankside.
Show students how to save images from Google Earth.
Show students how to cite resources properly using MLA
citation format. Use following websites to show examples of
citations for different formats.
Step 7: Go over the paper requirements with your