Calculator, Computers with Internet access for in-class activity – OR
students should be able to use computers with Internet access for
- Ability to
perform basic internet functions – typing and getting to a specific
- Read a table of values and costs.
Implementation: This RWLO
can be used either in the classroom as an activity or as a homework
assignment for a single student or group of two students. Whether it is
individual or group work, it is recommended that each student answer
the questions individually.
- Create groups of two students
and assign two cell phone carriers to each group.
- Describe the goal and the desired final result.
- Provide instructions that direct students to cell
phone provider websites that contain rate information.
Demonstrate how to record information on instruction sheets.
- Collect the instruction sheets and evaluate
according to assessment procedures.
- Discuss differences between providers.