Links to Course Competencies
This RWLO could be applied in introductory
statistics courses. Specifically, this RWLO meets the following general education and specific course
competencies: The student will
- Interact cooperatively with others using both verbal and nonverbal means.
- Demonstrate information processing through basic computer skills.
- Make connections in learning across the disciplines and draw logical conclusions.
- Use mathematics to organize, analyze, and synthesize data.
- Solve problems including discrete and continuous probability distributions using statistical methods.
- Calculate and apply measures of central tendency and measures of dispersion.
- Apply the basic principles of probability.
- Identify discrete probability distributions and calculate means, variances, and standard deviations for them.