Unique and Compelling Internet Professional Development Programs
National Association of Elementary School Principals
April 18, 2005
Experience first hand the power of the Internet to enhance teaching and learning! Participants will be introduced to unique and compelling Internet-based science and mathematics standards-based curriculum resources in the form of global telecollaborative and real-time data projects that engage students in the meaningful integration of technology.
Stevens Collaborative-based Projects
Human Genetics Collaborative Project
Boiling Point Collaborative Project
Square of Life Collaborative Project
Stevens Real-Time Data Projects
The Stowaway Adventure
- Earthquake Data from USGS Earthquake Bulletin (last 7 days)
- Musical Plates Project Web Site
Air Pollution, What's the Solution?
Professional Development Programs:
- Customized content and grade level specific Internet-based explorations
- Savvy Cyber Teacher® - thirty-hour graduate level program aimed at helping teachers utilize unique and compelling Internet-based resources to improve student learning in science, mathematics and other disciplines.
- Research Publications and Papers
- National Standards
- National Science Education Standards
- ISTE National Educational Technology Science Standards
- Grades K-4 Standards
- Grades 5-8 Standards
Download the Presentation and Handouts
Meg Turner, Outreach Manager