New Jersey Association for Educational Technology (NJAET)
October 11, 2005
Savvy Cyber Teacher® facilitates the use of unique and compelling Internet-based resources to engage students in problem-based, constructivist learning while improving academic achievement. We will explore authentic science investigations in which students collaborate, hypothesize, collect and analyze data and then post their conclusions online.
Stevens Collaborative-based Projects
Human Genetics Collaborative Project
Boiling Point Collaborative Project
Square of Life Collaborative Project
Stevens Real-Time Data Projects
The Stowaway Adventure
Air Pollution, What's the Solution?
Professional Development Programs:
- Customized content and grade level specific Internet-based explorations
- Savvy Cyber Teacher® - thirty-hour graduate level program aimed at helping teachers utilize unique and compelling Internet-based resources to improve student learning in science, mathematics and other disciplines.
- Research Publications and Papers
- National Standards
- National Science Education Standards
- ISTE National Educational Technology Science Standards
- Grades K-4 Standards
Grades 5-8 Standards
Download the Presentation and Handouts
- Human Genetics Worksheet: - genetics.xls (Excel)
- Genetics Cumulative Data - cumulativedata.xls (Excel)
Meg Turner, Outreach Manager